Provides strategic direction and oversight for the St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer with expectations to grow the program from a current $10.5 million to over $60 million in revenue. Develops, cultivates, and manages strong working relationships and shared goals across functional teams and program partners to deliver strategies and resources for revenue growth and operational efficiencies of identified fundraising programs. Provides guidance and direction to local leadership in all matters specifically related to including fundraising, operations, marketing, promotion, advertising and other Walk/Run related activities.
1. Develops the strategic plan for the Walk/Run Program which utilizes industry expertise to draft annual strategic and operational plans including the establishment of fundraising methods and goals. Develops volunteer-driven/staff supported model, extensive site expansion, data-driven growth, and a model for operating the Program. Works with the Sr. Vice President of Fitness and Endurance to develop strategies and long-range plans for this national program.
2. Serves as a key member of the Fitness leadership team.
3. Works closely with Field Leadership and Field Operations to support strategy and implementation of Walk/Run events.
4. Works closely with the Director of Field Support to develop training and resource needs for staff and volunteers implementing the Walk/Run.
5. Works in collaboration with Field Operations leadership, Sr. Directors, and Regional Directors to identify Walk/Run potential within areas. Develops plans and works with cross-functional teams to implement new and expand existing Walk/Run events.
6. Works closely with Brand and Marketing teams to establish integrated marketing and public relations campaigns, identify marketing needs, and develop participant recruitment and fundraising strategies.
7. Collaborates with Regional and Associate Directors to establish regional and local marketing campaigns, identify marketing needs, develop participant recruitment and fundraising strategies, etc.
8. Provides regular updates to senior management relative to the status of program fundraising and operations, significant events, new initiatives and proposed changes/recommendations.
9. Develops, presents, and implements the annual operating plan for Walk/Run.
10. Responsible for Walk/Run program budget and manages fiscal performance against budget.
Requires knowledge of peer-to-peer fund-raising and public relations
Very strong communication and interpersonal skills
Public speaking skills; understand difficult verbal and written instructions
Understand data processing applications (Microsoft Office Suite)
Knowledge ordinarily acquired through attainment of a Bachelor Degree and 7 plus years of peer-to-peer fund-raising, marketing, program development experience required.
Must possess a valid driver's license.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: Competitive
About ALSAC/St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
ALSAC exists to raise funds and awareness for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Our staff is dynamic and diverse. Our skills are different, our professions are varied, but our mission is the same: support the lifesaving mission of St. Jude. It’s more than a job; it’s a place where you can do what you love, and love why you do it.
o #1 Hospital Charity in the Nation
o #1 Health Non-Profit Brand of the Year
o 94% of Employees Agree ALSAC is a Great Place to Work
o Ranked a Top 10 Non-Profit Organization by Revenue