The Florida Camp for Children and Youth with Diabetes (Florida Diabetes Camp) is currently seeking a Director of Fundraising and Development to direct fund raising activities that will ensure our ongoing capacity to provide services to children and families affected by Type 1 Diabetes.
Creates and executes fundraising strategies to raise funds for Florida Diabetes Camp annually.
-Responsible for developing and stewarding a portfolio of relationships to provide funding for our mission (sponsorship, retain campaigns, event teams, grants, donations, and other partnerships).
- Implements best practices for event revenue growth; drives and encourages creativity and innovation at the event level.
-Monitors financial expenditures and progress against budgetary plan and takes appropriate measures to meet top line and bottom line goals ensuring a high ROI in meeting revenue targets.
- Engages, recruits, trains and manages relationships with community volunteers to ensure successful events execution.
- Engages the community to drive increased event participation; including event committee, teams, team members, sponsors, survivor/caregiver engagement, and youth engagement.
- Works in partnership with other Florida Diabetes Camp staff for achievement of identified event-related mission goals, including enterprise-wide initiatives. Integrates mission activities messaging and within events.
You are able to work remotely, but do need to be based out of Florida. Our main office is located in Gainesville, FL and periodic visits to the home office is an exception.
Application Info: Please send cover letter that expresses specific interest in the position along with a resume to
Gary Cornwell at email@example.com
- 2-5 years of FUNDRAISING AND/OR DEVELOPMENT experience, including nonprofit, fundraising, marketing, public relations, communication, and/or sales experience is preferred.
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high level of sophistication and maturity in social and professional settings
Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities, project management and meeting deadlines; strong planning and organizational skills.
- Models and fosters behavior consistent with an established culture based upon a strong staff/volunteer partnership.
Additional Salary Information: The Florida Diabetes Camp is committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
About Florida Diabetes Camp
The Florida Diabetes Camp was incorporated in 1970 to provide a fun, safe, educational and diabetes friendly camp environment for children with type 1 diabetes and their families where they can gain the confidence, skills and knowledge to achieve their full potential. The Florida Diabetes Camp is a non-profit organization that does not receive any governmental support nor does it receive any funding from any national diabetes organization. An independent volunteer Board of Directors governs Camp and since the founding of the organization, our policy has been that all children can attend Camp regardless of the family’s financial situation