The Product Analyst II is primarily responsible for supporting product development and management activities and acts as a support for business leaders and managers for information gathering, project planning, documentation, analysis, implementation follow through, and monitoring activities related to the product line. Works collaboratively with Product Managers, product implementation teams on various efforts. Acts as project manager on select projects tied to the product roadmap and as key resource and SME on various efforts outside the product area. Also, depending on the effort, develops project plans, manages project efforts and maintains appropriate documentation needed for key decisions and implementation. Completes, and/or oversees research, business analysis, ad hoc reporting requests and vendor activities as needed.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Assists in the development and maintenance of the product business plans, as directed. This may be primarily focused in one line of business, segment, or multiple lines of business.
2. Supports Product Managers in day to day activities related to product development and implementation, and becomes a primary resource for product knowledge.
3. Maintains project documentation for key product initiatives and follows policy and procedure for product activities.
4. Supports completion of charters, project plans, impact assessments and other product line documents as needed.
5. Works with Marketing Communications staff on product updates and new product launches, e.g. articles content, internal communications and external materials/training sessions.
6. Organizes and assists in development training materials and the development of associated communication pieces, product reference materials and internal information resources such as intranet, product guidelines and other sales support materials or training.
7. Serves as a liaison to the market research area, communicates research needs, synthesizes market research to inform product managers.
8. Acts as Coordinator for activities with shared responsibilities- Example: Contract reviews.
9. Manages and coordinates events for Agent, customer, vendor, health system, or product events as needed
10. Assists with testing of rates, product attributes, QHP, MAPD, outsourced capabilities, internal systems, as assigned.
11. Collaborates with Compliance for regulatory analysis and questions following processes and procedures as established, and communicates results effectively for implementation and product management.
12. Completes assigned work related to QHP, Product Development and implementation and acts as primary liaison to PL for key areas.
13. Engages in customer experience projects and activities, and helps create awareness of issues and works with business areas and the organization as a whole to improve customer satisfaction.
14. Reviews information from Compliance Department and ensures Product Team is aware of Compliance interpretations.
15. Responsible for aspects of vendor management; tracks vendor performance and surfaces issues for resolution as well as organizes and facilitates quarterly vendor performance review meetings, as assigned.
16. Assists with analysis and documentation of costs and work needed to enter into new market opportunities. Gathers information from various sources in the organization and works with Product Manager and Director to present summary for cost benefit analysis.
17. Acts as a SME and representative for product with a variety of implementation teams on efforts related to product.
18. May be accountable for QHP template management or other Product Template Management and non- Compliance Team filing efforts and ensures that necessary processes and procedures for updates are followed to maintain integrity of templates.
19. May support testing of QHP or other Product Templates or Submissions to ensure product is represented correctly.
20. Manages webinars for Product area and business areas and handles scheduling of webinars, calendar invites, and notifications to potentially impacted team members and gathers documentation from Webinars including slides, published materials, and screen captures and stores appropriately in accordance with PnP.
21. Accountable for taking all notes, or ensuring note taker assignment for all the webinars of interest to the Product areas, including but not limited to CMS, Regtap, insurance industry entities, especially QHP and publishing to the Product and business areas.
22. Manages and documents questions from the product and projects for webinars, and assists in gathering feedback/questions which goes through Compliance to CMS, OCI, and other entities as needed.
23. Assists product managers to document questions for Compliance, submits questions, and conducts follow up as needed.
Additional Job Duties:
1. Assists Product staff with special projects as needed.
2. Assist business development/strategic planning by feeding market data or compiling market intelligence as needed.
1. Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years of combined experience in product management, health insurance or health care related work.
2. Three years previous experience in leading projects, process improvements, sales efforts, training, or representing a department while working as part of a cross functional or implementation team.
3. Ability to work effectively with Managers, Directors and above, as well as throughout the organization.
4. Excellent organizational skills, and solid business judgment
5. Self-motivated and self-starter.
6. Experience with Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail.
8. Ability to handle multiple tasks with specific deadlines.
9. Demonstrated ability to work well independently as well as working effectively in a team environment.
10. Must drive for results.
11. Valid driver's license with ability to travel.
1. Degree in Finance, Business, Marketing a plus
2. Prior experience with health care reform, Medicare regulations, or Medicaid regulations.
3. Knowledge of insurance products or prior work as product analyst.
4. Knowledgeable on health insurance related regulation and ability to translate into business impact analysis.
5. Background working with Sales, Marketing, Analytics, Sales reporting
Dean Health Plan, Inc.-
Established in 1983, Dean Health Plan is the insurance services subsidiary of Dean and SSM Health. It maintains a position of leadership in insurance services through a physician-led integrated health system that improves the health of its members and delivers a superior level of service and care. We're looking for talented individuals committed to improving the health of community through innovation, partnership and integrity.
Internal Number: 17016059
About SSM Health
You’ve known us as many names throughout St. Louis, and now, we’re bringing our hospitals, doctors, home care and other services together under one name – SSM Health. With seven hospitals, 350+ physicians, more than 40 physician locations and 12,000 employees, we are part of something bigger and better. We’re connected to a wealth of resources, expertise and advance technology to help you, your family and our community live long, healthy lives.
We’ve grown and changed a lot over our 143-year history. Our name may be changing but our mission remains the same