Are you a marketing communications generalist who’s talented, creative, and team oriented? Can you turn a phrase and impress, enlighten and inspire your audience? Are you great at project management? Good with big ideas and little details? Punched your ticket with a BA in Communications or Marketing? Have 3-5 years professional experience under your belt? Know your way around social media, internet research, and digital marketing? Have an eye for what looks good in marketing collateral? Like a fast-paced environment where it’s not just a job but a mission?
All that and more? Then we’re looking for you! We have a small and awesome marketing team that’s part of an established, growing financial services organization. Salary range for this role is in the mid to upper $60k with opportunity for bonus. We offer an employer-paid pension plan, AND 401(k) with generous match, great health, dental and vision insurance and more!
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Marketing Communications Specialist helps raise the profile of the organization through effective internal and external communications that deliver a clear, consistent message and brand voice across platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Marketing Material and Member / Customer communications
• Update existing marketing material or draft new copy for new collateral • Draft / edit / support other departments updating member / customer letters and other communications
• Lead the effort to write and distribute agent emails - about 100 per year. Collaborate with sales and other departments to draft appropriate message and route for review and approval • Manage agent email lists • Write and produce quarterly sales newsletters
• Write and produce quarterly newsletter. Work with other departments to gather information, draft, and route for reviews and approval. Distribute. • Write bimonthly Employee Updates with news updates and announcements. • Update intranet regularly with current employee relevant information as requested • Create online banners, posters, etc.
Social Media / Website
• Update, maintain, and engage key audiences in social media channels. Manage vendor to ensure consistent messaging and voice across channels • Monitor accounts for posts and messages from our members. Lead the response effort and involve other departments as needed • Create, update, and maintain website notices / banners • Work with IT and other team members to resolve and address technical issues • Report monthly website metrics and social media activity
• Develop and maintain communications calendar up to date, share with team and other departments as needed • Create and maintain monthly communications dashboard - to include communications, website, and social media metrics • Complete purchase orders, packaging requests, and work with mailroom services for shipments • Other communications and marketing tasks as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE • Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field • 3-5 years of experience in communications in a fast-paced corporate environment • Life insurance or financial services industry experience preferred • Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES • Excellent writing and communication skills • Strong project management skills • Strong internet research, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills • Ability to multitask, work well under pressure, reprioritize quickly, and demonstrate good judgement • Excellent attention to detail • Must be able to work in a collaborative environment and execute independently • No travel required
About AFBA / 5Star Life Insurance Co.
For 70 years, AFBA has stood by our country’s armed forces. AFBA provides life insurance in both war and peace to those who serve this great nation including our military, emergency first responders, government employees, and their families.