Union Level: Department: Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry Campus: San Francisco Posting Number: 201301201P Full or Part Time: Full Time Number of Months: 12 Work Schedule: This position will be located in Union City, California. Position End Date: Open Date: 11/17/2017 Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Special Instructions:
Primary Purpose: Under the general supervision of the Clinic Director of Operations, manages the daily clinic business and staffing activities in the Union City Dental Center.
Essential Functions: 1. Manage daily clinic operations and procedures; actively seek out and drive process improvement, automation, and cost efficient initiatives related to clinic operations; provide information for policy recommendations in areas of personnel, patients, and office management.
2. Maximize patient satisfaction by managing and resolving patient concerns; ensure patients are seen in a timely and efficient basis; provide proposals and recommendations for process improvement and change; advise patients of clinic policies; set-up patient financial contracts.
3. Monitor accounts receivable to include monthly account statements; assess and monitor patient contractual accounts; monitor collection system of past due accounts; adjudicate collection agency accounts; manage/monitor reconciliation of petty cash and cash on hand according to established policies and procedures.
4. Assist the Clinic Director of Operations with fiscal year budgets.
5. Prepare month-end reports and management reports for submission to the Business Office; develop additional reports to facilitate clinical operations as needed.
6. Manage and process computerized monthly recall of patients; maintain recall deletion reports.
7. Coordinate building facility/equipment maintenance and projects with appropriate personnel; submit appropriate reports regarding hazardous waste and maintenance records.
8. Oversee public relations concerns and participate with relevant community events identified by the Director of Operations to represent Union City Dental Center.
9. Manage dental supply purchases with appropriate personnel and maintain records.
10. Oversee and manage marketing which includes social media (Facebook, Instagram, Yelp etc.).
11. Develop an attitude with the staff and residents developing a process to keep the schedule full.
12. Oversee and manage Medical Billing for dental patients.
13. Conduct quarterly chart audit with residents; purge charts annually according to established policies and procedures.
14. Coach, lead and mentor staff; manage work performance to include training, work distribution, performance appraisals, adherence to clinic policies and procedures, work schedule and commendation or disciplinary procedures; conduct regular staff meetings.
15. Manage hiring process for support staff to include interviews and hiring decisions.
16. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Clinic Program Director or the Clinic Director of Operations.
Minimum Qualifications: Knowledge of: 1. Principles management and supervision. 2. Principles of business letter and report writing. 3. Dental terminology and treatment. 4. Patient accounts and dental insurance procedures. 5. Microsoft Word and Excel.
Ability to: 1. Communicate effectively and professionally with a diverse population of students, residents, staff, faculty and patients. 2. Produce professional and concise reports and written correspondence. 3. Analyze financial reports and make appropriate recommendations. 4. Exercise autonomous judgment and discretion with sensitive/confidential information. 5. Maintain confidentiality of information 6. Work independently with minimal supervision. 7. Provide effective leadership, training, and supervision. 8. Demonstrate professional judgment in all situations. 9. Effectively manage projects and deadlines.
Experience: 1. Minimum of three years office management experience. 2. Previous supervisory experience required.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Working Conditions: Position is full-time, 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. Work performed is primarily office/administrative with frequent use of computer keyboard, mouse and telephone. 2. Requires sitting majority of the working day; occasional standing, bending and walking. 3. Occasional lifting of up to 15 lbs should be anticipated.
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement: University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni Sc...hool of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented. Explore University of the Pacific www.pacific.edu