GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Systems and Operations, the Assistant Director will be responsible in planning and implementing communications activities to support recruitment goals through multi-channel distribution (traditional, digital, social media).
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Director of Enrollment Systems and Operations SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None CORE DUTIES:
• Work with the recruitment team, academic departments and Office of Marketing and Communications to build, execute and monitor a comprehensive and effective communication plan in the CRM that supports recruitment, yield and retention initiatives • The communication plan should support a drip campaign that will gauge prospective student interests allowing the recruiters to classify the leads, the communication plan will play a vital role in helping to meet the University's overall enrollment goals
• Create effective email campaigns within the communication plan that are relevant to the prospects and new students; work closely with the program coordinators to put together program specific communication • Work with the Office of Marketing and Communications, recruitment team, marketing agency to create and implement integrated marketing communications and brand strategy for admissions across a variety of channels, traditional, digital, social media, and provides recommendations to guide future planning
• Work closely with the marketing/social media recruitment manager to build campaigns, make postings on social media that are effective and the results measurable
Knowledgeable about all graduate program offerings
Create, gather, edit, publish and maintain compelling strategic and relevant website content and stories to attract both domestic and international students
• Serve as the primary contact of the graduate admissions webpages on the institutional website, writing/updating content, ensuring information is current and effective and provide an informative and positive experience for prospective and new students • Work with the recruitment team and academic departments to ensure the content on all websites (OGA and Colleges) are consistent and up to date
• Work with the respective third party website owners (Peterson’s, Grad Schools etc.) to provide up to date information on the University info page • In coordination with the admissions team create an FAQ document for prospective/new students and ensure this is posted and maintained on the admissions website
• Assist in the development of marketing collateral in support of the enrollment goals for graduate programs
• Work collaboratively with the Office of Marketing and Communications to review and approve content, design, layout and usability before publishing/distributing to ensure marketing materials and plans are consistent with the University’s branding guidelines • Work closely with the Assistant Director for Operations and the recruitment team to collect analytical data and provides analysis and recommendations regarding results of the communication plan
• Identify opportunities for innovative messaging and emerging platforms
Education (Required): Bachelors degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, Journalism/Public Relations, Advertising or related field of study or equivalent work experience.
Experience (Required): 3+ years of related experience preferably in a higher education environment. Demonstrated ability writing and editing for the web, social media, and creating and writing marketing materials for both print and digital platforms. High level of experience working with CRM systems. Experience in promotional writing. Experience with graphic design (preferred)
Other Skills: Excellent writing, editing, proofreading skills. Ability to shift writing style for different audiences. Ability to work independently and as a team, maintain strict confidentiality and data integrity. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office suite, presentation and content management tools (e.g. Adobe Creative suite, Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat). Strong analytical skills, ability to multitask, attention to detail and work to aggressive deadlines is of great importance. Excellent project and time management skills, strong organizational skills and the ability to professionally interact and communicate with internal and external constituents. A motivated and enthusiastic work style.
The ability to professionally represent the University is of great importance. A commitment to excellence in customer service is mandatory. Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including early morning, evening and weekends is necessary and expected.
The University of New Haven is a private, top-tier comprehensive institution recognized as a national leader in experiential education.Founded in 1920 on the campus of Yale University in cooperation with Northeastern University, UNH moved to its current West Haven campus in 1960 and opened its Orange Campus in January, 2014. The University operates a satellite campus in Tuscany, Italy, and offers ...programs at several locations throughout Connecticut and in New Mexico. UNH provides its students with a unique combination of a solid liberal arts education and real-world, hands-on career and research opportunities.The University enrolls approximately 6,800 students, including nearly 1,800 graduate students and more than 5,000 undergraduates – the majority of whom reside in University housing. Through its College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, Henry C. Lee College of Criminal Justice and Forensic Sciences, Lyme Academy College of Fine Arts, and Tagliatela College of Engineering, UNH offers over 80 undergraduate and graduate degree programs. UNH students have access to more than 500 study abroad programs worldwide and its student-athletes compete in 16 varsity sports in the NCAA Division II’s highly competitive Northeast-10 Conference.