Advertised Summary Job Description: In partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), ICAP will conduct Population-based HIV Impact Assessments (PHIAs) in specific PEPFAR-supported countries. Each PHIA will define the status of the national HIV epidemic, guide global and local allocation of funding and resources based on evidence, and integrate capacity building of country stakeholders in the design, conduct, analysis, and use of PHIAs.
Reporting to the Program Officer, PHIA Project, and working under general guidance from the Senior Survey Specialist, PHIA Project, the Program Assistant will assist PHIA project teams with programmatic, technical and administrative responsibilities to support PHIA planning and implementation.
- Assist with the development and editing of presentations, reports and other project documents, such as SOP manuals and survey training materials
- Assist in the development and management of program planning and monitoring tools
- Assist in compiling and reviewing information for program documents such as guidelines for program management, progress and financial reports, project budget and budget justifications, consultancy agreements and sub-agreements
- Assist with meeting logistics and administrative activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
General Minimum Qualifications: - Bachelor's Degree
Additional Specific Minimum Qualifications: - Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and cultural competency skills
- Ability to work independently and manage various tasks in a team setting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook)
Preferred Qualifications: - A master's degree in public health, public affairs or a related discipline
As a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Council of Ivy Group Presidents (Ivy League), it is imperative that members of the Columbia University community, in all matters related to the intercollegiate athletics program, exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Columbia University is one of the world's most important centers of research and at the same time a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many scholarly and professional fields. The University recognizes the importance of its location in New York City and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of a great metropolis. It... seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships with many countries and regions. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to convey the products of its efforts to the world.