Crowell & Moring LLP invites you to consider this unique opportunity to join a dynamic team of PR, Media and Communications professionals at a top law firm where both attorneys and staff are highly valued and exciting careers are built
This position will based out of the firm's Washington, DC office.
The PR & Internal Communications Coordinator supports the firm’s public relations and internal communications functions. The Coordinator reports to Director, Media, PR & Communications and the broader Marketing & Communications team in the following ways: generating multiplatform content for internal and external consumption, such as media pitch materials, news articles, social media messaging, and award submissions; tracking of the firm’s lists/directory/rankings/awards program; media monitoring; media research; and tracking and analyzing analytics regarding the effectiveness of communications efforts. The Coordinator will support the department in the creation of multimedia projects, including videos.
• Writes and edits content in support of PR efforts, internal communications, and client/alumni outreach. Content examples includes media pitches, talking points, press releases, event announcements, Crowell.com and intranet news items, executive communications, and submissions for the firm’s lists/directory/rankings/awards program. Supports social media promotion efforts in tandem with other Marketing & Communications functions. May also contribute to attorney bios, brochure copy, and other website content as needed
• Supports the firm’s lists/directory/rankings/awards program by identifying and confirming opportunities to promote the firm, lawyers, practices, and strategic initiatives for appropriate rankings, surveys, and lists; maintaining the annual calendar; drafting and editing submissions; securing timely approvals; and supporting the project management of directory submissions.
• Supports the handling of reporter inquiries, such as identifying conflicts, scheduling interviews, routing resulting placement, and coordinating reprints.
• Supports the creation of multimedia content, including videos. Assists with video production efforts in tandem with other Marketing & Communications functions.
• Maintains news placements and supports the timely dissemination of media mentions about the firm, its practices, its lawyers and strategic initiatives to firm management, practice chairs, and others as appropriate.
• Supports the updating of the firm’s profiles on third-party websites, such as Chambers, Chambers Associate, Legal 500, and Vault.
• Supports the placement of byline articles in select publications, including identifying proper media targets and conducting media outreach accordingly.
• Tracks analytics regarding PR and internal communications efforts on a continuous basis, including by practice and region.
• Collaborates with all Client Development & Practice Management team members to help achieve the firm’s overall marketing, public relations, internal communications and business development objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic, and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate creatively, clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with attorneys, staff, outside media organizations, and vendors. Requires creativity, discretion and ability to persuade others.
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and organize and prioritize a heavy workload in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
• Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts, regarding matters of a complex nature and to build effective relationships.
• Understanding of one or more communications areas is a must: public relations, public affairs, journalism, internal communications, and digital communications (i.e., website, social media, blogging).
• Ability to make presentations to small and/or large groups in an effective manner.
• Intermediate knowledge of MS to produce quality written communications such as memos, spreadsheets, slides, and standard work documents. Familiarity with content management systems to post web and social media content is desired.
• Ability to track and analyze analytics for the purpose of demonstrating the effectiveness of communications efforts.
• Ability to edit content; understanding of AP Style is a plus.
• Interest in or demonstrated ability to shoot and produce video in a professional setting.
• Ability to work overtime, as needed.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, English, communications, public relations, or marketing. Equivalent combination of training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience during which knowledge, skills and abilities applicable to the position were demonstrated. Legal industry and/or PR agency experience preferred.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
To apply, please forward resume to email@example.com.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.