Ariadne Labs is a joint center for health systems innovation at Brigham and Women's Hospital and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Our goal is to drive scalable solutions for better care at critical moments in people's lives everywhere. Better care means better health outcomes, lower costs, and more actual caring. Critical means solving health systems failures that have major impact, typically touching people by the millions. Ariadne Labs currently has research programs in the areas of childbirth, surgery, palliative care, and primary health care.
At Ariadne Labs, the Project Coordinator is a key member of each of Ariadne's programs, initiatives and projects, to ensure that the work is delivered with excellence: on time, on budget, on scope and with a high level of quality. The Project Coordinator will perform and coordinate a range of program support activities and tasks within the Serious Illness Care Program (SICP) portfolio including general support to the SICP portfolio and administrative activities.
Under minimal supervision, the Project Coordinator will be a member of the Serious Illness Care Program (SICP) team at Ariadne Labs which includes physicians, researchers and program managers. Working in cooperation with the Program Manager, subject matter and training experts, and the SICP team, the Project Coordinator will support the development of new tools, communications, and implementation partnerships to further the spread and usage of the Serious Illness Conversation Guide with clinicians and healthcare institutions.
Project Coordination and General Administration duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with the development and maintenance of program materials, including data collection tools, interactive materials, case studies, tracking systems, databases, and presentations
- Assist with the development of project work plans, timelines, and reports to funders
- Act as the point of contact for all program inquiries through the website and create and update content for program website
- Assist with the logistics, documentation, and organization of applying for grants.
- Assist with the planning and logistics of external events
- Act as a representative on the internal communications team
- Support Project Manager with team records and database to assure compliance
- Provide flexible project management and administrative support to other SICP Project Managers as need
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with key internal stakeholders, including specialist team members to meet the program's objectives - Other duties as assigned
Please Note: This position has a term appointment of one year from date of hire, with the possibility of extension.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health to support our mission of health research and education, and to be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Salary Grade: 054
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
- 3+ years of experience; a combination of experience and education may be considered.
- BA/BS strongly preferred - Experience with or willingness to learn Google business products (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Calendar) preferred - Demonstrated interest or experience in research preferred - Strong organizational skills preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills preferred
- Experience taking direction and completing tasks as scoped on deadline preferred
- Experience working in a matrix structured environment and be part of cross-functional teams preferred
- Experience working on multiple projects at one time preferred
- Experience taking initiative in a dynamic, fast moving environment preferred
- Professional demeanor and team player preferred
- Attention to detail, strong communication, flexible and reliable, and collaboration and teaming preferred
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Harvard University T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. The University, which is based in Cambridge and Boston, Massachusetts, has an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Harvard has more than 360,000 alumni around the world. T...he University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, offering a truly global education. Established in 1636, Harvard is the oldest institution of higher education in the United States.